The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Monday, March 19, 2007

Interview with Tetsunori Tawaraya

q)Something about you...what you want...

a)40000 hours a day.

q) What are your main goals when you create?

a)I want make somebody cry when they stands in the front of my piece.

q) Do you rule by any tendency in your creative work, or you only follow what comes in your mind?

a)Style is living one. you can't rule it.I know how to feed them in the morning.

q)How has the internet and your website helped you spread your artwork to a wider audience?

a)Good to spread your character to lots of people.I hope people don't get satisfied when they sees art on screen.I believe art has a power to make people emotional.It happens when you find something in person, not on the screen.

q)How do you define your style and how would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?

a)Jagged enough.

q)What materials do you use to realize your creations?materials?

a)There is many pink fake far in my house now.I stuff the munder pink see-through skin of doll.

q) What is your favorite a) taste b) sound c) sight d) scent e) tactilesensation?

a)When I am in the darkroom, great idea comes out from my mouth.It takes half'n hour then I jump out from there, keep saying this great word.Suddenly it turns out bad in real life.I guess I need to make piecein dark gallery, make audience to use rocket fireworks as a flashlightto see my art. then I can scream this great word through the roudestspeaker in the world.

q) What are you doing now...your current projects...

a)I am making doll with TOMOKO KOKUBO. She is great doll creator.We just finished HUGE doll called ASSMAN, who is one of my comic character.It's showing at STAIRWELL in providence RI now.Pretty stoked with it.
q) Do you listen to music while you're painting and what do you listen andwhat do you like to listen?
a)I usually don't listen to anything when I start out.

q) Do you draw influences from a wide range of artists, musicians, books...?

a)These days, I am into making pure imagination.On the process to start out new comic.You touch the remote looks like oyster, TV explosion, waving scarf in the sky.Oh man, I can't wait to finish it.

q)Name 3 things you couldn't create without?

a)Headache, stolen pen.

q) Where have you show your art...?

a)LA, SANDIEGO, TOKYO, SANTA ANA,, many places in CA.

q) What haven't you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

a)Movie.

q) How important is self-promotion for an artist nowadays?

a)They don't have to think about it.They think too much.Move your ass rollin'.

q) Would you say that your work consciously reflects characters and situations found within your daily life?

a)Maybe, I don't know.They totally say dirty word though.There is a used book store called BLUE STOCKING in San Diego.The owner CHRIS loves dirty word on the comic book, first time when I show my stuff to her, she asked me "do you use f-word here?"I am like, oh shit she might not sell them at this book store, because tons of family, kids come, you know? I said "yeah, this character called FUCKING BUILDING, I guess there are tons of them."She said"that's great!" then she bought 5 copies from me.She is great.She keeps asking me about WHY SAMURAI HAS SHAVED HEAD.Hey dude, I don't know!!

q) Favourite book?

a)J.D. SALINGER

q) Designers/Artists you admire?

a)My friend YUME YAJIMA.She just made greatest flyer ever.I need to ask her to give it to me. It has letters, maybe pencil she used.I don't think she is ever made flyer.A lot of people don't realize they have greatest talent.One day, somebody needs to invent "sub-conscious rader" so I can ask many talented strangers to make a map and collage them in a piece.

q) Your contacts....e-mail...links...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home