The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Friday, July 21, 2006

Interview with Nobuko Hori


1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?
1)Nobuko Hori.I make music, animations, graphics, and collages.


2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?
2)I think everyone are somesort of artist. cook is an artist. Farmer is one of an artist I think. So I’m one of them.


3)What is creativity?
3)For me, make things i want to see,and hear. To find new and inspirational concepts. Like a small kid. We can do anything we want with our imagination. That is creativity to me.


4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?
4)Yes to both but I’m in control of my environment.


5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?
5)Soundscapes, ambient lighting, natural textures, human sensation and emotions during my day dreams.


6)What’s your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc…)to work in/on?
6)I’m always trying to find new materials and change its natural textures. So it can be anything.


7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?
7)Yoko ono.


8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?
8)It depends on what kind of artwork, so it’s hard to say.
animation spent 3 month or more.
Graphic, a couple days or a couple weeks.
Collage, 1 hour, 1 day.


9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?
9)Making music, reading book, sleeping.


10)Got any new projects planned?
10)Right now, I’m finishing some cover art work for new album releases of friends. Also trying to finish my first solo album from Music Related (
http//www.musiscrelated.net) based in NY. planning crazy art/music shows in Tokyo.


11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?
11)Jumping around jam. And milky hairs


12)What other talent would most like to have?
12)Playing the violin.


13)What are your most beloved items?
13)My bed.


14)Favourite books?
14)"Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World,"
Haruki Murakami,Fedor M. Dostoyevsky, Kobo Abe, Tove Jansson.


15)Do you remember the first draw you made?
15)A lake on mom's schedule book with mom's all of skin foundation and make up.


16)What kind of music do you like and do you listen…And is the music important for your art…?
16)I like so many kind of music.
Especially Avant Pop. Like Honeymoon Killers, Look De Bouk.
And of course Kate Bush, Prince and The Beatles.
right now, im listening HYPO.


17)Any advice do you have for artists?
17)Yes sleep is important.


18)Your contacts…E-mail….Links…
18)Videos,Graphics
http://homepage.mac.com/nobuko_hh/
Songs
http://www.myspace.com/nobukohori
nobuko.hori@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudio Parentela said...

Hello....thanx for your message.Now I'll visit your blog and yes I'll add to my links if I like it.
Best&Keep in touch
Claudio

1:36 PM  
Blogger Claudio Parentela said...

I've add your link,please add my link to yours.
Thanx
Claudio Parentela

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home