The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Interview with Hiroya Kurata



1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?
1)My name is Hiroya Kurata, 26 year old male, currently travelling around EU.


2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?
2)Well,,,, I guess, I draw and paint and all that, because I want to be an artist ( of what I think), some day or some moment


3)What is creativity?
3)To trust one’s flash of inspiration and to bring that to action


4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?
4)Of course, of course!


5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?
5)It’s endless, since we are uncontiously influenced by so many things, but far as I know,
friends, girl friend, walk, nature, dog, memory, city, books, movies, toys, etctec

6)What’s your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc…)to work in/on?
6)Pilot Hi-Tec 0.4 (black), Pilot V corn C!!!
And some piece of wood and garbage from streets


7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?
7)I have a lot , but well known one’s are, Joan Miro, taro okamoto, Twist, Skwerm, Simone Shubuck, Phil frost, Enrico Baj, Toriyama Akira and many more


8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?
8)It depends on the style and size, but normally from 10min to 7days


9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?
9)Music, girls, sports, travel, books, food


10)Got any new projects planned?
10)Nothing Big, but planning to go to ny from Oct, and hopefully find someone or whoever, who is kind enough to support me with a Visa, which I’;ve been dying to get for the passed couple of years. Ahn , I’ve lived in Ny for couple of years and tried to live and work in various cities, like Tokyo and Berlin, but I guess I really like the atmosphere of Ny, especially Brooklyn , greenpoint area, and one of my biggest project this year to go back there.


11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?
11)I think my works are quite easy to describe. ”Tree coming out from a manz head and a swing coming down from that branch….” Or like; “ a fight between a baseball player and a samurai” , that kind of stuff.


12)What other talent would most like to have?
12)Uuuuuuunnnn, guitar


13)What are your most beloved items?
13)I pod, sketchbooks, pen, baseball cap, dicikies, laptop,,and so on


14)Favourite books?
14)I’ve recently started reading this Japanese book by Takashi Murakami, “Geijutu Kigyouron”.
I’ve always hated this Murakami guy, but recently changing from hate to respect.


15)Do you remember the first draw you made?
15)Nop


16)What kind of music do you like and do you listen…And is the music importan for your art…?
16)I listen to anything that I like. Recently a heavy rotation of my friends band called, “The Hazama Band!!”.. and Terry Linen. of course it’s important! I don’t know if it’s directly shown into my drawing and stuff but yeh.


17)Any advice do you have for artists?
17)No way, I would love to have one though!


18)Your contacts…E-mail….Links…
18)
www.shiloku.com
shiloku@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home